Police Station, 3 Main Road, Willunga

This new police station was built in 1929 and opened in 1930. It replaced the old Police Station and Court House at 62 High Street. It was one of the last buildings in the town to be erected using slate roofing (since replaced).

The building closed as a police station in 1997 when the police were transferred to the Aldinga Police Station which had opened in May 1994. The empty police station was subsequently sold and passed in to private ownership.

This building is on the City of Onkaparinga’s local heritage list (SA Heritage Places database #5492)

References:

R Baxendale & F Lush Willunga Walks Willunga National Trust Willunga 2010 (1989).

Search Our Web Pages